AJI Filter - Reusable Cotton Coffee Filter
Aji Filters are sewn here in Australia, Melbourne. We make our filters from a hand loomed 100% Natural Cotton designed to make delicious creamy pour over coffee. Aji Filters are super easy to clean and are made to last.
Cotton filters have much larger holes compared to traditional paper filters and hold back most of the coffee grounds while still letting in some of the fines and oils to make a full bodied, creamy cup of coffee.
Aji Filters are compatible with most conical drippers and are available in the two main sizes #01 and #02.
How to use:
- Boil your filter for 10 mins.
- Fold the seam down and place the Aji Filter in your dripper cone of choice.
- Pour hot water through your filter and dripper to preheat/set your filter and then discard this water.
- Add 15g of coffee to your filter and level out the grounds to make a flat base.
- Pour 250g of water into your coffee in 5 seperate pours of 50 grams, wait for the water to completely filter down before starting the next pour.
Aji Filters are made from a durable cotton that is super easy to clean, in fact majority of the spent coffee grounds will wash off just under the pressure of a running tap.
After brewing, discard your coffee grounds, invert your filter and run under water to rinse.
Store your filters in a cup of water in the fridge until you are ready to brew again.
We found that the Westlab Centrifuge Test tubes are the perfect size to store your filter between brews. Simply roll up your filter and insert it inside the tube, then fill it up with water and store in the fridge.