V60 Drip Scales
No matter what recipe or what type of brew method you are planning on making you need a set of scales. Whether it is to weigh your dose, the hot water you use, your yield you have extracted or even the time, these scales will assist you in measuring all of these variables!
With a digital LCD screen and only 2 flush buttons it is incredibly easy to navigate and use. The V60 Drip Scale’s are capable of weighing up to 2000g, Which allows you a to weigh for a vast range of different applications.
Some of the features include:
- Built in timer, with auto-off mode after 5mins
- Tare and weight displayed in grams
- 2x AAA batteries are included
- Weighing capacity of 2000g
- Accurate to the 0.1 of a gram
One of the most crucial measurements in brewing (especially with a V60) is the weight and time. For someone who wants to improve their technique and be able to measure both of these then this scale is for you. Currently we stock this product in matte black as seen in the photos above.
A Basic Barista V60 recipe:
- Weigh out 15grams of coffee beans, grind to a gritty grind size, something that resembles a fine salt like consistency.
- Place your filter in the V60 and the V60 on a mug/vessel. This is your set up.
- Pre-wet/heat your set up by pouring enough hot water on to the filter paper that it is fully submerged. Wait for it to drain and be sure to dispose of that water.
- Place your set up onto your scales and add your coffee grinds.
- Bloom your coffee by adding 30g of hot water to your grinds. When your grinds come in contact with water we are going to start our timer. (If you are using a different amount of ground coffee we want to double the weight used for our bloom).
- After 30 seconds continue to pour another 250 grams of hot water in a slow circular motion, try to not hit the filter walls and try not to pour straight in the centre.
- Your total brew time should be around 2 mins give or take 15seconds. If you find your brewing way shorter or longer you will need to adjust your grind size of your beans.