V60 Dripper 02 Copper
The Classic Hario V60 Dripper is made from copper, brass and has been surface treated with a baked coating.
This dripper is available in size '02' and is suitable for making 1-4 cups of coffee
Unlike the plastic 02 dripper the copper material does conduct heat making the dripper quite hot after extended use of brewing, please be mindful of this and stress common sense while brewing. Be sure to pre heat your brewer by pouring some hot water onto your brewing setup before adding your coffee grinds, this doesn’t only preheat your brewing set up but also washes out the paper filter to ensure there is no paper taste.
We highly recommend using a kettle with a gooseneck and a set of coffee scales to consistently brew your coffee the same every time.
This V60 is super simple to use, and accommodates for beginner brewers as well as pour over masters!
1x Hario V60 Dripper 02 Copper
1x Hario Coffee Scoop
OPTIONAL +100 / +200 x Hario V60 Filters
A Basic Barista V60 recipe:
- Weigh out 15grams of coffee beans, grind to a gritty grind size, something that resembles a fine salt like consistency.
- Place your filter in the V60 and the V60 on a mug/vessel. This is your set up.
- Pre-wet/heat your set up by pouring enough hot water on to the filter paper that it is fully submerged. Wait for it to drain and be sure to dispose of that water.
- Place your set up onto your scales and add your coffee grinds.
- Bloom your coffee by adding 30g of hot water to your grinds. When your grinds come in contact with water we are going to start our timer. (If you are using a different amount of ground coffee we want to double the weight used for our bloom).
- After 30 seconds continue to pour another 250 grams of hot water in a slow circular motion, try to not hit the filter walls and try not to pour straight in the centre.
- Your total brew time should be around 2 mins give or take 15seconds. If you find your brewing way shorter or longer you will need to adjust your grind size of your beans.